REVERSE ENGINEERING Physical Model to CAD model: CAD models are often unavailable or unusable for parts, which must be duplicated or modified. This is a particular problem for long life cycle systems for which spare part inventories have been exhausted and original suppliers are unable or unwilling to provide custom manufacturing runs of spare parts at affordable prices and in a timely manner. For many parts, either the CAD system was not used in the original design or the documentation on the original design is otherwise inadequate or unavailable. For a variety of reasons, CAD models, even when they exist, may not be sufficient to support modification or manufacturing using modern methods. Finally shop floor changes to the original design may mean that the original CAD models no longer accurately reflect the geometry of the part. Reverse engineering techniques can be used to create CAD models of a part based on sensed data acquired using three dimensional position digitization techniques.
Bonsource has served the following industry verticals using reverse engineering expertise:
- Civil hardware
- Molding, Tool & die
Reverse Engineering tools and software utilised at Bonsource: 1. Access to Geometric Inspection
- 3D Laser Scanner for Geometric inspection
- Rapidform XOV for manipulation of Point Cloud data
- Rapidform XOR for building up of Geometry
2. Access to NABL Certified Laboratories
- 3D Co-ordinate measuring Machine
- Material Testing Facilities
- Electrical parameters testing
- Surface measurement equipment
- Access to Optical inspection with large scale factor inspection for small components
- Access to X-ray inspection for crack or inspection of internal defects.